Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £23500 — £28000
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn computing and digital making.
In October 2015, we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
We are looking for an experienced Copy Editor to join the Foundation’s Communications and Marketing team to help ensure that all of our written content is clear, easy to understand, and effective. You’ll work closely with colleagues who are producing a wide range of written content including educational resources, publications, blogs, articles, reports, and website copy.
We have high standards for the quality of all of our output, and you will be responsible for making sure that what we publish meets those standards. You’ll work with the team to improve the effectiveness of our communications, using data insights and research findings from the behavioural sciences and providing feedback to colleagues across the Foundation.
You will have excellent written English and the ability to understand and reflect the different voices and styles of our brands. You’ll also be good at prioritising work and able to meet deadlines
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people who care about our
mission can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach
to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you,
and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional team.
- Ensure consistent tone and clarity in messaging so that it is on-brand and resonates with target audiences
- Copy- and sub-edit a wide range of work, including educational resources, publications, blogs, articles, reports, and copy for digital platforms
- Proofread and redraft written material
- Provide constructive feedback to copywriters
- Coach the team to help them develop their writing skills, and produce guidance that allows us improve the quality and effectiveness of our written materials
You should have:
- Excellent written English, and the ability to adapt your tone and style to work on a variety of delivery platforms (e.g. web, mobile web, and print)
- Experience of developing effective copy for web and print
- The ability to self-manage, prioritise work, and meet deadlines
- Experience of word processing and publishing software tools, and the ability to learn new tools
- A highly collaborative approach to your work, including the ability to work effectively with people from different backgrounds and specialisms
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous family leave policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Regular organisation-wide maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 27/01/2019
Initial interviews: 31/01/2019
Second interviews: TBC