Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Salary range: €27,500 – €32,000 p.a.
Hours: full-time, part-time, or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in Ireland and travel to the UK
The CoderDojo Foundation is a Dublin-based educational charity that works to give every child the opportunity to learn how to code and create with technology. We do this through supporting the volunteer-led CoderDojo movement. Founded in July 2011, the movement is based on open-source principles, meaning that anyone anywhere in the world can start a Dojo. Clubs (Dojos) run all over the world on a regular basis, giving young people between the ages of 7 and 17 the opportunity to learn how to build websites, apps, programs, and games, and to explore technology. There are now more than 1900 active Dojos in 100 countries regularly reaching 45,000 young people.
We are part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation family, a UK-based charity whose mission is to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. Together with Raspberry Pi, we represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
The CoderDojo Foundation staff is a team of fifteen people based in Dublin. Our offices are in Dogpatch Labs, a co-working space in the city centre where we also run a Dojo for local young people twice a month. If you are looking to have a real-world impact, then this is the organisation and role for you. Find more information about our team on our website.
We are now looking for an organised, enthusiastic Communications Coordinator to join the CoderDojo team. This role focuses on community engagement and communications, and you will work closely with the CoderDojo General Manager and Global Engagement Manager to deliver initiatives that support and interact with our community. You will be responsible for telling CoderDojo stories by coordinating content for blog posts, newsletters, and social media, and by organising campaigns to engage with our existing community and widen our reach among the general public.
The ideal candidate will be highly methodical, with experience of managing projects and the ability to keep multiple strands of work moving forward at the same time. You will need to be digitally savvy, and you’ll need to have a background in communications and community engagement, and the skills to write in an exciting, lively style.
The Foundation is a unique place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture, and we are looking for the right personality to fit in with the organisation.
Community engagement and communications
- Implement the community engagement strategy in collaboration with the Global Engagement Manager, including online and offline initiatives
- Create and schedule attractive content for our social platforms (using Hootsuite and Canva), and measure success of campaigns and content
- Monitor our social media platforms for questions and interactions
- Create engaging mailshots for members of our community including Dojos, all volunteers, parents, and young people
- Make content updates to our website in line with the engagement strategy (using WordPress)
- Ensure that marketing collateral is well stocked and up to date at all times, and manage revisions with the design team
- Create and write blog posts to motivate and inspire the existing community and to attract new community members
- Support the Raspberry Pi communications and publications teams to ensure regular, high-quality coverage of CoderDojo in our publications, including Hello World, The MagPi, and HackSpace magazine
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- An excellent writer, able to write engaging content for web and print
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with experience of managing small projects
- Very good at managing your time, and at working both independently and as part of a team
- Experienced in using social media platforms and marketing tools such as Hootsuite and Mailchimp
You will ideally have experience of:
- Community engagement through the creation of original content
- Coordinating marketing campaigns
- Working with designers and printers
- Evaluating the success of campaigns and content
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 24 days’ annual leave
- A generous company pension scheme of 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Generous shared parental leave
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Bike-to-work and season ticket loan schemes
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Monthly maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 11:59pm, Sunday 30 June
Phone screens: 2 and 3 July
First interviews: 5 and 8 July
Interviews will be held in Dublin.