Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £23,500 – £30,500 p.a full-time equivalent
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
In October 2015 we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest sustained global efforts to help young people learn about computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Partnerships Coordinator to join our UK team. You will be responsible for supporting the Partnerships team to grow our portfolio of global supporters and donors and engage these partners. You’ll need to love to have everything organised and be confident at developing and implementing processes and systems. You’ll work with teams from across the Foundation, helping to prepare applications for funding and reporting our achievements with compelling statistics and well-written reports and presentations.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and keen to keep on top of deadlines. They will be a great communicator and have at least two years’ experience in a busy project-based environment.
While we expect you to come with an impressive track record, you will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and a positive work culture.
- Provide practical day-to-day assistance and support to the Partnerships team
- Prepare funding applications, proposals, presentations, and pitches (budgets)
- Effectively use IT systems to monitor and update our funding pipeline and our progress against milestones
- Produce clear and engaging reports and impact stories that showcase our work to funders
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service within and outside the Foundation, providing timely responses to enquiries and requests
- Share regular updates and organise engagement opportunities for partners
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- An excellent writer and confident communicator with fluent English
- A natural collaborator, with enthusiasm about working with others
- An expert at handling data and using IT systems to gather and report impact
You’ll ideally have:
- Experience of supporting a variety of projects and relationships
- An excellent understanding of and passion for the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission
- An outstanding level of computer literacy, with particular experience of using Microsoft Office applications or Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Forms)
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Professional development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
- Generous parental leave policy
- Bike-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Bi-monthly company maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 1700h BST, Tuesday 8th May 2018
Initial interviews: 14th May 2018
Second interviews: 21 or 22 May 2018
Interviews will be held in Cambridge.
* Please let us know in your cover letter if you are not available on these dates.