Programme Coordinator, Code Club
Salary: £23,500 - £26,000 p.a. full-time equivalent
Basis: Permanent: Part-time (4 days per week or 0.8 FTE)
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness the power of digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product – the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer – the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
In October 2015, we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
The Programme Coordinator plays a vital role in supporting the Code Club community. As the first point of contact for email and live chat interactions, you will provide welcoming and efficient responses to volunteers and teachers to help them get started with Code Club. This includes using FreshDesk to respond to queries, helping users with website issues, and directing queries to other members of the team where necessary. You will work closely with other team members across the Foundation to deliver a high-quality experience for anyone who gets in touch with Code Club.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about delivering best-quality user experiences to communities of volunteers. You should also have an eye for detail, a warm and supportive communication style, and the ability to get to the root of the problem.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people who care about our mission can do the best work of their careers. While we expect you to come with an impressive track record, you will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture.
- Answer email and live chat queries from the Code Club community in a friendly and efficient manner using FreshDesk
- Manage responses and queries generated from nationwide and international mail-outs and engagement initiatives
- Solve and respond to users’ website-related issues, report bugs, and provide feedback to the Web team
- Support and offer encouragement to the community of learners taking part in our online training course hosted on the FutureLearn platform
- Keep our Knowledge Base updated and relevant, continuously improving the content to better serve the needs of our community
- Assist in setting up visits to Star Clubs for VIPs, including members of the leadership team, trustees, and members of the board
- Maintain stock of promotional supplies by anticipating work requirements, ordering and distributing supplies to Clubs and other members of our team
- Support the Code Club team with email campaigns, phone calls, and social media posting when necessary
You should be:
- A confident and very effective communicator, both in writing and in person
- Investigative, with a desire to get to the bottom of a problem and solve it
- An admin superstar, with great organisational skills
- Able to work independently and use your own judgement
- Confident and familiar with technology and websites
You’ll ideally have experience of:
- The education technology sector
- Using customer service ticketing systems, for example FreshDesk
- The voluntary sector
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave pro rata
- A generous company pension scheme of 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long term illness insurance policy
- Professional development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Regular company maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
- Bike-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 17:00 BST, Friday 30 August 2019
Telephone interviews: Thursday 5 September 2019
Face-to-face interviews: Wednesday 11 September 2019