Educator Training Manager
Based: Bay Area, CA, with frequent travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: $60,000 to $70,000 per annum
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the United States
The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission is to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world. It’s a deliberately bold statement of our intent. Since launching our first product in February 2012, we have sold over twelve million Raspberry Pi computers and helped jumpstart a global movement to get more people involved in computing and digital making. We’ve trained thousands of teachers and engaged hundreds of thousands of young people in our educational programs, including our network of over 10,000 Code Clubs. Our free educational resources are used by millions of people every year. We are also working hard at building our profile and expanding our reach into new audiences of potential digital makers.
We’ve recently opened an office in the Bay Area, and we’re looking for an Educator Training Manager to join a team of passionate people to help advance the mission of the Raspberry Pi Foundation in North America.
You’ll be responsible for managing the Picademy educator professional development program in the United States, which is currently in its second year. This includes developing content, delivering engaging training sessions, managing logistics of the program, and engaging with educators before, during, and after the training. You’ll report to the North American Executive Director, but you’ll also work in close collaboration with your UK-based counterparts to develop this program and other educational offerings. You should be passionate about technology, education, and digital making.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a unique place to work, with a fantastic team and a positive work culture, so we are also looking for the right personality to fit in with the organization.
- Leading Picademy educator training sessions throughout the United States and managing other training facilitators.
- Collaborating closely with the UK Picademy team to develop new programming and ensure that best practices are shared between teams.
- Managing the Picademy application process, including recruiting educators to apply, assisting with questions from applicants, selecting applicants, and communicating with participants.
- Managing the logistical aspects of the program, including scouting for and interfacing with venues, securing equipment and supplies, and organizing social events for participants.
- Acting as a North American educator liaison for the Raspberry Pi Foundation and nurturing an educator community.
- Tracking goals in order to measure the impact of our work with educators in North America.
- Representing the Raspberry Pi Foundation to external audiences, including writing blog posts and magazine articles, attending outreach events, giving talks, and leading workshops.
Experience and Personal Attributes
You should be:
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities that surround these fields.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups of people, with strong enthusiasm for the subject matter.
- A natural collaborator, being able to work across teams and having a track record of working with colleagues to achieve results.
- Comfortable with frequent travel within the United States and abroad.
You’ll ideally have experience of:
- At least three years’ experience in an educator, trainer, or program manager role.
- At least three years’ experience and a strong network in a related field such as technology, education, digital making, social enterprise, or nonprofit.
- Great health care plan (medical, dental, and vision, 100% covered by Raspberry Pi Foundation for full time employees, and 70% for their dependents)
- Generous paid time off policy (25 days of paid vacation per year in addition to sick days and public holidays)
- Retirement plan (401k, up to 5% employer match)
- Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Generous paid family and medical leave policy (up to 13 weeks per 12 month period)
- Training and development
- Work from home flexibility
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 5pm PDT, Friday April 28, 2017
Face to face interviews: May 8 to May 12, 2017