Educator Program Coordinator
Based: Bay Area, CA, with frequent travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: $45,000 - 55,000 per annum
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the United States
The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission is to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world. It’s a deliberately bold statement of our intent. Since launching our first product in February 2012, we have sold over 14 million Raspberry Pi computers and helped kickstart a global movement to get more people involved in computing and digital making. We have trained thousands of teachers, and engaged hundreds of thousands of young people in our educational programs, including our network of more than 10,000 Code Clubs all over the world. Our free educational resources are used by millions of people every year. We are also working hard at building our profile and expanding our reach into new audiences of potential digital makers.
We’ve recently opened an office in the Bay Area, and we’re looking for an Educator Program Coordinator to join a team of passionate people who help advance the mission of the Raspberry Pi Foundation in North America.
You’ll be responsible for managing the logistical aspects of our educator programs in North America, including Picademy. This will include communicating with participants and host partners, securing equipment and supplies, and planning associated community events. Moreover, you’ll work on the development and execution of follow-on programming for our educator community. You’ll report to the Educator Training Manager, and you’ll also collaborate closely with your UK-based counterparts to ensure that the vision for our programs is in agreement, and that best practices are shared across teams.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a unique place to work, with a fantastic team and a positive work culture, so we are also looking for the right personality to fit in with the organization.
- Managing the logistical aspects of the Picademy educator training program, including communicating with participants, securing equipment and supplies, coordinating with host partners, and organizing associated community events
- Supporting the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Picademy program
- Working with the Educator Training Manager to develop additional programs to engage educators in the Raspberry Pi community
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities that surround these fields
- A natural collaborator, being able to work across teams and having a track record of working with colleagues to achieve results
- Comfortable with very frequent travel within the United States and abroad
- A strong communicator and comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
You will ideally have:
- At least two years of experience and a strong network in a related field, such as technology, education, digital making, social enterprise, or nonprofit
- Experience working with educators and coordinating training programs
- Great health care plan (medical, dental, and vision - Blue Shield Gold, 100 percent covered by The Raspberry Pi Foundation for full time employees, and 70 percent for their dependents)
- Generous paid time off policy (25 days of paid vacation per year in addition to sick days and public holidays)
- Retirement plan (401k, up to 5 percent employer match)
- Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Generous paid family and medical leave policy (up to 13 weeks per 12 month period)
- Training and development
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 5pm PDT, Friday September 22, 2017Face-to-face interviews: September 25 - October 13, 2017