Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Communications & Engagement Coordinator
Salary range: €27,500 - €30,000 p.a.
Contract: Initially 6 month with potential for permanency
Hours: Full-time, part-time, or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in Ireland and travel to the UK
The CoderDojo Foundation is a Dublin-based educational charity that works to give every child the opportunity to learn how to code and create with technology. We do this through supporting the volunteer-led CoderDojo movement. Founded in July 2011, the movement is based on open-source principles, meaning that anyone anywhere in the world can start a Dojo. Clubs (Dojos) run all over the world on a regular basis, giving young people between the ages of 7 and 17 the opportunity to learn how to build websites, apps, programs, and games, and to explore technology. There are now more than 1900 active Dojos in 100 countries reaching 45,000 young people regularly.
We are part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation family, a UK-based charity that has the mission to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. Together with Raspberry Pi, we represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy. One of the flagship events that we run is the Coolest Projects, a world leading youth technology fair, which serves as both a showcase of and inspiration for young people to create with technology.
The CoderDojo Foundation staff is a team of fifteen people based in Dublin. Our offices are in Dogpatch Labs, a co-working space in the city centre, where we also run a Dojo for local young people twice a month. We are known for playing card games over lunch. If you are looking to have a real-world impact, then this is the organisation and role for you. Find more information about our team here.
We are now looking for an organised, enthusiastic Engagement and Communications Coordinator to join the CoderDojo and Coolest Projects teams. The role focuses on engagement and communications and you will work closely with the CoderDojo & Coolest Projects General Manager and Communications Coordinator to deliver initiatives that support and interact with our community. You will be responsible for telling the CoderDojo and Coolest Projects stories by developing content for blog posts, newsletters and social media, and by organising campaigns to engage with our current community and the general public who we aim to engage in Coolest Projects events across Ireland, the UK and North America.
The ideal candidate will be highly methodical, with experience of managing projects, and possess the ability to keep multiple strands of work moving forward at the same time. They will be digitally savvy, have a background in communications and community engagement, and an exciting, lively writing style.
The Foundation is a unique place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture, and we are looking for the right personality to fit in with the organisation.
Coolest Projects marketing and engagement
- Monitor the Coolest Projects social media platforms for questions and interactions.
- Manage one-off projects as well as rolling engagement initiatives and campaigns across our communication channels.
- Work with a cross section of Raspberry Pi colleagues including CoderDojo, Code Club and Raspberry Jam to encourage community engagement and the maximum amount of project registrations for Coolest Projects across all three primary locations where the event takes place.
- Play a key role in supporting the creation and delivery of a general public marketing campaign in key local areas where Coolest Projects takes place, with a view to attracting members of the public to attend their local event.
- Devise, manage, and administer competitions and prize giveaways on the Coolest Projects channels.
- Identify media opportunities; sourcing and organising filming and photoshoots as necessary.
- Ensure that marketing collateral is well stocked and up to date at all times, and manage revisions with the design team.
- Work with local teams to focus on using Coolest Projects as a catalyst for attendees to start and participate in Raspberry Pi programmes.
CoderDojo marketing and engagement
- Monitor the CoderDojo social media platforms for questions and interactions.
- Organise and deliver termly Twitter Chats for the CoderDojo Community.
- Create engaging mailshots for members of our community including Dojos, all volunteers, parents and young people.
- Monitor comments on the CoderDojo Future Learn course.
- Create exciting content for CoderDojo social platforms.
- Work with the CoderDojo Communications Co-ordinator to create and deliver the CoderDojo engagement plan.
- Work with our communications team to ensure relevant and engaging content for blogs and social media.
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- An excellent writer
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Very good at managing your time and working independently
- Confident using social media platforms and email marketing tools
- An expert at handling data, using IT, and performing administrative tasks
You will ideally have experience of:
- Managing small projects
- Coordinating marketing campaigns
- Creating and sending communications
- Writing engaging content for web and print
- Working with designers and printers
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 24 days’ annual leave
- A generous company pension scheme of 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Generous shared parental leave
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Bike-to-work and season ticket loan schemes
- Investment in professional development and learning
- Monthly maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 11:59 pm Sunday 30th September 2018
Phone screens: 1st - 2nd October
First interviews: 4th & 5th October
Interviews will be held in Dublin