IT Services and Systems Manager
Based: Cambridge, with travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: £45,000–£50,500 p.a. equivalent
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is an educational charity with a simple but ambitious mission: to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We’ve grown rapidly and now employ more than 120 people across the Foundation and its group companies. Our systems are almost entirely cloud-based, with G Suite as our primary platform and SaaS integrations including Slack, GitHub, ProsperWorks, LastPass, and Proofpoint. Members of our staff work on Windows 10, macOS, and Linux.
We have a first and second-line IT support person in house, and we now need to boost our internal capacity to lead the next wave of improvements and provide more resilience. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced IT Services and Systems Manager to join our team. The person taking on this new role will be responsible for identifying, planning, and delivering internal IT service improvement projects to boost our productivity and impact. They will also provide third-line IT support as needed.
The ideal candidate will be focused on delivering real benefits to colleagues in order to make it easier for them to achieve their goals. They will be able to form a deep understanding of how our teams work to help them use technologies to work more efficiently and effectively. They’ll also possess both technical expertise and the ability to inspire behavioural changes in people.
You will need to be creative, commercially minded, and outstanding at communication and project management. Moreover, you’ll need to have the skills to roll out new services and integrations or to identify and manage the external capacity you need to do so. You’ll also need excellent troubleshooting abilities, combining independent investigation with effective management of our cloud service providers to accurately diagnose and resolve issues.
This role is perfect for you if you have an aptitude for all things IT and a passion for expanding your knowledge of technology. What will set you apart are your people and planning skills and your genuine desire to make a positive difference to the way an organisation works.
We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team, a positive work culture, and a lot of flexibility for working arrangements. We are looking for the right person to join the team, and if that’s you, we’ll do our best to make the Raspberry Pi Foundation work for you too.
- Understand the needs of the business, and ensure that the Foundation has all necessary IT services and systems to deliver its objectives.
- Specify and manage all hardware, software, and SaaS services we use.
- Optimise the configurations and use of all SaaS products and integrations used by the organisation.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, and proactively identify opportunities to improve the range of IT tools offered to staff in support of their work.
- Scope, plan, and implement IT service improvement projects (current projects include roll-out of a VoIP system, configuring our CRM, and adapting its functionality to support better workflows).
- Lead on all aspects of staff training relating to IT services and systems, including onboarding and induction, security, implementation of new products and services, and ongoing training to improve productivity.
- Plan and manage the IT budget, and ensure that the Foundation gets competitive prices and excellent service from suppliers.
- Lead on IT security, e.g. monitoring incidents and managing response, performing vulnerabilities management, and providing regular reporting to staff with guidance on current and emerging threats.
- Provide third-line support on more complex technical issues, liaising with third-party support desks as needed.
- Oversee our IT support service, line-managing the IT Support Specialist and ensuring SLAs are met.
- Ensure relevant documentation is produced and maintained.
Experience and personal attributes
You must have:
- Three years’ experience in an IT services and systems role, with a track record of delivering against SLAs
- A focus on users and the needs of the business, and a history of successfully implementing IT improvement projects
- Significant experience of implementing and supporting SaaS solutions, including managing integrations between services and working with providers to get the best out of SaaS products
- Extensive technical knowledge, including:
- Email and server management
- Hardware configuration and fleet management (printers, laptops, mobile devices, AV equipment, etc.)
- Networking and internet protocols (note that the majority of network management is carried out by engineers in our Trading subsidiary)
- Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Network, SaaS, PC/Mac/Linux security issues and considerations
- Excellent project management and communication skills, and the ability to work with colleagues from across the organisation to achieve results
You’ll ideally have experience of:
- G Suite
- Performing a service role for staff with a wide range of technical capabilities from relative novice to highly competent
- API use and some programming
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days' leave, plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Good support for working parents, including family leave policy
- Cycle to work, season ticket loan, and childcare voucher schemes
Please Note: We do not work with external recruitment agencies.