Club Growth Manager
Club Growth Manager
Location: Oakland, CA, with frequent travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: $60,000 –$70,000 salary, exempt from overtime
Basis: full-time, part-time, or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the United States
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a global nonprofit organization that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
In October 2015 we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest sustained global efforts to help young people learn about computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
We are now looking for a Club Growth Manager to to join the growing Oakland-based Raspberry Pi Foundation North America team.
The person taking on this role will be mainly responsible for raising awareness and promoting growth of our Code Club and CoderDojo programs in the United States. These are networks of volunteer-led after-school and out-of-school clubs that help young people aged 7 to 17 learn how to code and create with computers. You will be responsible for growing these programs nationally by recruiting champions, educators, and volunteers to run clubs; for pursuing and developing partnership opportunities; and for marketing our programs to the public. You’ll report to the Executive Director, and you’ll also collaborate closely with other members of the global program teams to ensure that the vision for our programs is in agreement and that best practices are shared across teams.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a unique place of work with a fantastic team and a positive work culture, so we are also looking for the right personality to fit in with the organization.
- Developing and implementing strategies for growing Code Club and CoderDojo programs throughout the United States
- Developing and implementing strategies for building a community of champions, educators, and volunteers who will run and support the running of clubs
- Researching and developing partnerships with existing networks of national and regional after-school and community-based programs
- Representing Code Club and CoderDojo at relevant conferences and public events
- Working with the Engagement Manager to develop and maintain a pipeline for converting leads into active clubs
- Working with the Engagement Manager to lead in-person and online training events for onboarding new clubs
- Collaborating with the global program teams on growth strategy, marketing, and outreach campaigns
- Monitoring and reporting on community growth metrics and KPIs
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities that surround these fields
- A natural collaborator with the ability to work across teams and a track record of cooperating with colleagues to achieve results
- Comfortable with frequent travel within the United States and abroad
- A strong communicator who is comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
- Experienced in scaling, managing, or working with volunteer-led communities
You will ideally have:
- At least four years’ experience and a strong network in a relevant field, such as technology, education, digital making, STEM, STEAM, social enterprise, or nonprofit
- A history of working with educators and coordinating national programs
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- Great healthcare plan (the Raspberry Pi Foundation covers 99% of the premium for full-time employees and 70% for their dependents)
- Generous paid time off policy (25 days of paid vacation per year in addition to sick days and public holidays)
- Retirement plan (401k, up to 5% employer match)
- Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Generous paid family and medical leave policy (up to 13 weeks per twelve-month period)
- Training and development
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Regular social outings
- Snacks, tea, coffee, and drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 17th December 2019