Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: £40000 – £45500
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
In October 2015 we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest sustained global efforts to help young people learn about computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
We are looking to recruit a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who will work closely with the Financial Controller to carry out the day-to-day financial management of the four entities within the Foundation’s group. This is a varied role covering all aspects of managing the finances of the Foundation, including our foreign subsidiaries and our manufacturing company. The role will include transactional work, management accountancy, stock control, and higher-level reporting at month end.
This role will suit someone with strong analytical skills and attention to detail who also has the communication skills required to effectively translate financial information to the wider organisation.
You will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture.
- Assist the Financial Controller in producing month-end management accounts for all four entities, and produce any bespoke reports required by the Board
- Run monthly Budget Variance reports, and assist in producing commentaries
- Monitor the financial health of the Foundation’s publishing business, and report separately on its performance
- Review inventory counts at month end across all five warehouses, collate the data, investigate differences, reconcile it, and update Unleashed with any stock adjustments as required
- Prepare intercompany and other Balance Sheet reconciliations as required
- Provide oversight to, and correct where necessary, day-to-day transactional accounting in all entities, including preparation of the weekly payment run, bank reconciliations, and credit card postings
- Review expense claims and purchase invoices for accuracy of coding and VAT
- Provide day-to-day financial support for the Irish and North American entities, including all transactional processing as required
- Provide support to both Assistant Accountants as and when required, and develop cross-competency so that cover of other accountants’ roles can be provided
- Monitor trade debtors, ensuring all customer receivables are up-to-date
- Gain an overview of the grants and assist in the production of supporting schedules as required by grantors
- Prepare monthly Intrastat reports
- Support all staff to uphold financial policies and processes
Experience and personal attributes
You must have:
- A current accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience with creating management accounts, P&L reports, and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge of the accounting challenges facing a manufacturing company
- The ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced environment thanks to being excellent at organising and prioritising your work, and meticulous in your attention to detail
- Proficiency with MS Excel, including using formulae and pivot tables
- Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to produce well-written commentaries and coherent supporting documentation when required
You will also ideally have experience of:
- Working in the finance department of a manufacturing company and/or charity
- Using Xero accounting software
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Professional development fund for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around family
- Generous parental leave policy
- Bike-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Bi-monthly company maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 17:00 BST, Thursday 31 May 2018
Face-to-face interviews: 14/15 June 2018