Marketing and Engagement Coordinator
Salary range: £23,500 - £35,500 p.a.
Location: Cambridge or London. Frequent travel to London in the first 6 months will be needed for a successful candidate based in Cambridge
Hours: Full-time, part-time, or flexible
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has a simple, but ambitious mission: to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world.
It’s a deliberately bold statement of intent. Since launching our first product in February 2012, we have sold over 17 million Raspberry Pi computers and helped kickstart a global movement to get more people involved in computing and digital making. We’ve trained thousands of teachers and engaged hundreds of thousands of young people in our educational programmes, including our network of over 10,000 Code Clubs and CoderDojos. Our free educational resources are used by millions of people every year.
Our work is only possible because we are part of a fantastic and growing community that shares our mission. This includes a wide range of organisations that provide us with funding, volunteers, in-kind support, and much, much more.
We are now looking for an organised, enthusiastic Marketing and Engagement Coordinator to join the Code Club UK team. You will work closely with the Participation Manager to deliver engagement schemes to support and interact with our community. Moreover, you will be responsible for telling the Code Club story by developing content for blog posts, newsletters, and social media, and by organising campaigns to recruit new volunteers to our network.
The ideal candidate will be highly methodical, with experience of managing projects, and the ability to keep multiple strands of work moving forward at the same time. They will have a background in communications and community engagement, and an exciting, lively writing style.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a unique place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture, and we are looking for the right personality to fit in with the organisation.
- Manage one-off projects as well as rolling engagement schemes, including onboarding and running of Star Clubs and Volunteer Champion schemes
- Devise, manage, and administer competitions and prize giveaways
- Maintain content and monitor comments on the Code Club FutureLearn course
- Organise and deliver termly Twitter Chats for the Code Club community
- Devise a series of website pop-ups to welcome users and drive key messages
- Assist with keeping our database in shape to improve user experience and increase engagement
Marketing and outreach
- Organise recruitment campaigns to grow our community of clubs
- Monitor the Code Club UK social media platforms for questions and interactions
- Manage engagement plans, creating messages and ensuring consistency across UK regions
- Devise and send community-wide communications, including surveys and newsletters
- Coordinate blog activity, including planning and sourcing content
- Work with our communications team to ensure relevant and engaging content for blogs and social media
- Liaise with our publishing team to source content and manage deadlines
- Source and organise filming and photo shoots for website and magazine articles
- Branding: create brand guidelines, ensure the team understands and adheres to them
- Ensure that collateral is well stocked and up to date at all times, and manage revisions with the design team
- Represent Code Club and the Raspberry Pi Foundation at key events
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- An excellent writer
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Very good at managing your time and working independently
- Confident using social media platforms and email marketing tools
- An expert at handling data, using IT, and performing administrative tasks
You will ideally have experience of:
- Managing small projects
- Coordinating marketing campaigns
- Creating and sending communications
- Writing engaging content for web and print
- Working with designers and printers
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days' leave, plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Pension with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance
- Good support for working parents, including family leave policy
- Cycle to work, season ticket loan, and childcare voucher schemes
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 1700h 29 January 2018
Initial interviews: w/c 5 February 2018
Second interviews: w/c 19 February 2018
Interviews will be held in London.
* Please apply even if you are not available for interview during these weeks - and let us know in your cover letter - as alternative arrangements can be made for the right candidate.
Please Note: We do not work with external recruitment agencies.