Club Program Manager
Based: Oakland, CA, with frequent travel to other sites and event venues
Rate: $60,000–$70,000 per annum
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the United States
The Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission is to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world. This is a deliberately bold statement of our intent. Since launching our first product in 2012, we have sold more than 15 million Raspberry Pi computers and helped kickstart a global movement to get more people involved in computing and digital making. We have trained thousands of teachers and engaged hundreds of thousands of young people in our educational programs. Our free educational resources are used by millions of people every year. We are also working hard at building our profile and expanding our reach into new audiences of potential digital makers.
We have recently opened an office in the Bay Area, and we are now looking for a Club Program Manager to join a group of passionate people who help advance the mission of the Raspberry Pi Foundation in North America.
The person taking on this role will be responsible for the management of our Code Club and CoderDojo programs in the United States. These are networks of volunteer-led after-school and out-of-school clubs which help young people aged 7 to 17 learn how to code and create with computers. You will be responsible for growing these programs nationally and providing support for affiliates who run them. You’ll report to the Executive Director, and you’ll also collaborate closely with your counterparts in Europe to ensure that the vision for our programs is in agreement and that best practices are shared across teams.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a unique place of work with a fantastic team and a positive work culture, so we are also looking for the right personality to fit in with the organization.
- Growing Code Club and CoderDojo programs throughout North America, and especially in the United States
- Developing partnerships with existing networks of national and regional after-school and community-based programs
- Providing support and resources for existing clubs
- Contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of the Code Club and CoderDojo programs
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Passionate about technology, education, and digital making, and familiar with the ecosystems and communities that surround these fields
- A natural collaborator with the ability to work across teams and with a track record of cooperating with colleagues to achieve results
- Comfortable with very frequent travel within the United States and abroad
- A strong communicator who is comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people
You will ideally have:
- At least four years’ experience and a strong network in a relevant field, such as technology, education, digital making, STEM, STEAM, social enterprise or nonprofit
- A history of working with educators and coordinating national programs
- Great healthcare plan (medical, dental, and vision — Blue Shield Gold; the Raspberry Pi Foundation covers 100% for full-time employees and 70% for their dependents)
- Generous paid time off policy (25 days of paid vacation per year in addition to sick days and public holidays)
- Retirement plan (401k, up to 5% employer match)
- Life insurance (basic and AD&D)
- Generous paid family and medical leave policy (up to 13 weeks per twelve-month period)
- Training and development
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 5pm PDT, Friday January 5, 2018 (After this date, you may still apply for this role. However, we only review late applications on an as-needed basis.)
Face-to-face interviews: January 8–19, 2018
Please Note: We do not work with external recruitment agencies.