Based: Cambridge, UK, with flexibility for home working
Rate: £28-30,000 p.a.
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join the creative team at Raspberry Pi Trading in Cambridge. This role will suit someone with experience working in an environment where design tasks can be very varied, with the flexibility to work across several different kinds of platforms, including print magazines, web, those decal thingies you stick on cars, and much more.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of online and print-based design, typesetting and perhaps photography. This role will suit a fast-thinking person with a slightly bonky sense of humour and good attention to detail. You‘ll love design, and enjoy trying new ideas. You’ll be able to take direction, and to work within our established visual style, but also not be shy about proposing new ideas. You’ll be have a good knowledge of trends in the design industry and social media, and be able to apply this to your work.
Raspberry Pi Trading is a great place to work; we’re a friendly and close team that works hard, and prizes individuality, creativity and wit. We take our colleagues’ development seriously: you’ll have the opportunity to broaden your skills through formal training. And there’s free soda and ice cream in the office kitchen.
- 3 years + experience in professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Strong typographic skills
- Excellent compositional understanding
- Experience working with both print and digital design
- Highly creative
- Experience designing large documents for print and digital
- A keen interest in and excellent understanding of branding
- Ability to manage your time across several projects running concurrently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good knowledge of colour theory
- Experience handling image files and using existing assets to create artwork
- Experience working with brand guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Happy working independently or as part of a busy team
- Strong resilience to feedback
Nice to have:
- Experience with motion graphic design and animation
- Experience using Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and Media Encoder
- Experience with UX design
- Publishing background
- Experience of packaging design
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 25th July at 9am
Interviews: Friday 3rd August