Senior Learning Manager, Primary
Senior Learning Manager (Primary)
Based: Cambridge or partly remote (UK only)
Rate: £45500 – £52500 dependent on experience
Basis: permanent; full-time, part-time or flexible
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness the power of computing and digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn computing and digital making.
In October 2015, we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest, sustained global efforts to help young people learn computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
The Foundation is part of a consortium that has secured over £78 million in government funding to make sure every child in every school in England has access to a world-leading computing education. This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to transform the way we teach computing and computer science.
Working with our partners, STEM Learning and the British Computer Society, we will establish a new National Centre for Computing Education, and deliver a comprehensive programme of support for computing teachers in primary and secondary schools. This will include resources, training, research, certification, and more. We are looking to recruit a Senior Learning Manager who will focus on delivering the primary education aspects of this exciting programme.
Reporting to the Director of Educator Support, you will be responsible for delivery and management of online professional learning materials and classroom resources for Key Stage 1 and 2 educators. You will be in charge of leading a team that will develop the materials and resources to support this programme of work.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about improving the quality of, and broadening access to, primary computing education across the UK, and will have a good understanding of computer science education in schools.
We strive to make the Foundation a place where talented people who care about our mission can do the best work of their careers. We have a flexible and collaborative approach to all aspects of our work. If you’re the right person for the job, we’ll make it work for you, and you can be confident that you’ll be working with an exceptional team.
- Develop and support a programme of work to deliver world-class training to computer science educators through an online platform
- Produce a resource bank that provides activities and programmes for use in the classroom and improves results and engagement of students in primary computing education
- Ensure high-quality, accurate, and scaffolded learning content that reflects robust, evidence-based pedagogy
- Lead and support a team of Learning Managers who are responsible for delivering that programme of work, on time and on budget
- Ensure all materials are of high quality and based on robust pedagogy
- Maintain excellent relations with external stakeholders
- Take responsibility for KPIs measuring engagement and delivery, and report these effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the Raspberry Pi Foundation to external audiences and stakeholders
- Establish good communications within the team and with partners and stakeholders
Experience and personal attributes
You should have:
- A thorough understanding of primary-level computing education
- An interest in computing pedagogy within UK school education
- A teaching qualification or teaching experience
- A proven track record of delivering online projects that meet the desired objectives
- The ability to manage a team, with a supportive and collaborative approach to leadership
- Experience of the collection, management, and analysis of data to support deliverables
- The ability to balance multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel, primarily within the UK
You’ll ideally also have:
- A degree in a relevant subject
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Investment in professional development and learning for all employees
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare or other commitments
- Generous family leave policy
- Cycle-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Regular organisation-wide maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 23rd August 2019Face-to-face interviews: 4th September 2019