Product Manager/Owner, CoderDojo Community Platform and Website
Location: Dublin, with occasional travel to other sites and event venues
Basis: fixed-term contract. 12 months with possibility of extension
Salary: Dependent on experience
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in Ireland
CoderDojo is a global movement of free computer coding clubs for young people. Clubs (Dojos) run all over the world on a regular basis, giving young people between the ages of 7 and 17 the opportunity to learn how to build websites, apps, programs, and games, and to explore technology.
The first Dojo was started six years ago, and there are now more than 1,350 active Dojos in 70 countries, giving 45,000 young people the opportunity to learn how to code in a fun, social environment. The CoderDojo movement is supported by the CoderDojo Foundation, a registered charity based in Dublin. In May 2017 the CoderDojo Foundation joined forces with the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
One of the ways in which the CoderDojo Foundation provides support for the movement is by developing and maintaining Zen, the open-source CoderDojo Community Platform. The purpose of Zen is to be the one-stop shop for all services required to run and participate in a Dojo.
We are now looking for a Product Manager to join our team and lead the further development of Zen, with a focus on improving the user experience and making it even easier to get involved in CoderDojo.
This job is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work on an open-source project that positively impacts the world. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and creative, and who understands CoderDojo’s mission.
The CoderDojo Foundation’s staff is a team of ten people based in Dublin. Our offices are in Dogpatch Labs, a co-working space in the city centre, where we also run a Dojo for local young people twice a month. We are passionate about education and technology. We are also known for playing card games over lunch. If you are looking to have a real-world impact, then this is the organisation and role for you. Find more information about our team here.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues on our digital products to increase access and improve user experience on Zen
- Ensure products are internationalised by modifying them for new markets, countries, and cultures
- Set and measure product goals by analysing data for both current and new products
- Engage in user-testing of products, talk to users to get first-hand feedback, and adjust products accordingly
- Be the voice of the CoderDojo community inside the organisation
- Consult and liaise with the CoderDojo team and community to prioritise issues
You should have:
- An awareness of CoderDojo and our work
- Passion for user experience and being part of an international community
- At least four years of experience in the commercial sector, and at least two years of experience leading product teams
- A collaborative approach to prioritising, planning, and delivering functional software
- The ability to understand and prioritise the needs of the product’s users and stakeholders
- Experience with Google Analytics, including the ability to design, implement, and analyse funnels
- Demonstrable experience of making product decisions based on research and collected or predicted usage data
- Confidence working with a technically focussed team
- A keen interest in digital making, education, and the ecosystem that surrounds it
- Good verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Familiarity with a range of Agile delivery techniques and tools
You would ideally:
- Be passionate about the values of the open-source movement
- Have experience in SQL
- Have experience in design software such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
You should also be able to share examples of your work with us.
Timetable for applications
Closing date: midday GMT Monday 4 September
Face-to-face interviews: week beginning 11 September
Start date: September/October