HR and Operations Apprentice
Location: Cambridge, UK
Qualification: Level 4 Business Administration
Basis: fixed-term contract; full-time, with flexibility for study
Eligibility: you must be eligible to work in the UK
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based educational charity that works to put the power of computing and digital making into the hands of people all over the world. We want more people to be able to harness digital technologies for work, to solve problems that matter to them, and to express themselves creatively.
Established in 2008 and first known for our product — the wildly successful Raspberry Pi computer — the Foundation has developed educational content and programmes that are helping millions of people learn new skills.
In October 2015 we merged with Code Club, followed in May 2017 by a second merger with the CoderDojo Foundation. Together we now represent one of the largest sustained global efforts to help young people learn about computing and digital making. You can read more about our mission, values, and goals in our 2018–2020 strategy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic HR and Operations Assistant to support the team whilst undertaking an 18-month apprenticeship in Level 4 Business Administration.
You will work closely with the People and Culture Manager, focusing primarily on HR in a fast-growing, early-stage organisation. You will also have opportunities to work across the Operations team and gain valuable insight into all areas of our business, including facilities, IT, finance, business planning, and performance management.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, and able to prioritise tasks and keep on top of deadlines. You’ll need to have attention for detail and be confident at implementing processes and systems. You will be working with colleagues across the group, so you’ll need to love working with people and have very high standards of customer service. You will also need to be confident and clear in your communications.
You will be joining a fast-growing non-profit organisation that offers unparalleled opportunities for development and growth. We pride ourselves on being a brilliant place to work, with a fantastic team and positive work culture.
- Support the People and Culture Manager with HR processes and record keeping
- Provide administrative support during the Foundation’s recruitment process, including booking interviews and organising recruitment packs
- Assist the People and Culture Manager in the collection of data and preparation of reports related to the bi-monthly employee survey
- Schedule and coordinate the Foundation’s learning and development curriculum
- Manage the Foundation’s employee database, including organising DBS checks for staff and volunteers
- Assist in arranging onboarding and employee induction
- Provide practical day-to-day assistance and support to the Operations team
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service within and outside the Foundation, providing timely responses to enquiries and requests
Experience and personal attributes
You should be:
- Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- An excellent writer and confident communicator with fluent English
- Proactive and highly responsive to the needs of individual projects, the team, and the Foundation as a whole
- A natural collaborator, with enthusiasm about working with others
- Experienced and confident with a variety of IT applications
- Familiar with and committed to the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s mission
You’ll ideally have:
- Administrative experience gained in a not-for-profit setting
- An outstanding level of computer literacy, with particular experience of using Microsoft Office applications and/or Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Forms)
- Experience of handling data
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of additional benefits for all of our colleagues, including:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous company pension scheme with 8% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Life assurance and long-term illness insurance policy
- Flexible work hours as needed
- Generous parental leave policy
- Bike-to-work scheme and season ticket loan policy
- Monthly company maker days to improve your digital making skills
- Monthly all-staff meetings and socials
- Fresh fruit, tea, coffee, drinks in all our offices
In addition, this role is an apprenticeship involving on-the-job training and paid study time that will lead to a nationally recognised Level 4 qualification.
Timetable for applications
Closing date: 15 June 2018
Face-to-face interviews: 25 June 2018